Friday 15 February 2013

Cheers


For a lot of people the thought of planning a wedding makes them want to start drinking, or so I’ve been told. This is the inspiration behind my post this week. While browsing Pinterest for ideas, I came across a post for a wedding signature cocktail, and it peaked my interest. I had never thought of alcohol as a means of personalizing my wedding.

Now, John and I are both not big drinkers, and the alcoholic drinks we do enjoy are very different. I am strictly a vodka kind of girl (even though I am experimenting with wine currently) and John is a Crown Royale kind of guy. So finding a signature drink that will express both of our personalities might be tricky.

As inspiration for this post I chose to make a variation on a peachy white wine sangria recipe I found online. If you’re interested in reading about some other alcohol inspired exspiritments, check out this blog.

Supplies:
  1. White wine
  2. Ginger Ale
  3. Peach Schnapps
  4. Glass
  5. Sugar
  6. Lemon



Directions:
  1. This step can also be done with water, but I took some lemon and rimmed the glass. I then used some festive sugar, which I had laying around my house, to create a rim on the glass.
  2. I then added 1oz of Peach Schnapps and equal parts Ginger Ale and White Wine to fill the glass (this amount with vary depending on size of glass)
  3. I also decided to add a ribbon to the glass as decoration. If this drink were to be used at my wedding, I think the ribbon just adds something extra to the experience.

While I enjoyed this drink quite a bit, I don’t think John will. Meaning I think we will need to eventually think up another idea for our signature drink. But if wedding planning ends up being as stressful as I’m told, testing out a few signature drink options might not be so bad.

7 comments:

  1. Ahahaha! I love that last part - invite me over for some testing okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love sangria!!! Sounds delicious Steph! You should at least incorporate this drink into your bachelorette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that looks and sounds delicious! Going to have to try this recipe out thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not getting married anytime soon, but my brother is. Planning his stag & doe and bachelor party has caused me to enjoy a few beverages over the last few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMM!!
    I so want to try this!
    I also want to plan my wedding.. too much information i know!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you're speaking my language. Any wedding classing it up with some special cocktails is bound to impress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like it is kind of fun. Going to have to forward this to a couple people I know who are getting married in the near future.

    ReplyDelete