Monday 21 January 2013

The Journey Begins


Having been to very few weddings in my time, I've mostly had to listen to other people talk about how much planning is involved. Sure, I've imagined what my wedding would look like, but it's always appeared as more of a "big picture" instead of the specific details. I realized this was a problem after the proposal, when people started asking me if we had thought of a date for our wedding. 

Not knowing where to start when beginning my bridal journey, I decided to check out the 2013 Niagara Spring Bridal Wedding Show with my roommate/best friend for inspiration. Vendors from all over the Niagara Region were able to showcase their companies/talents for newly engaged couples. They had an assortment of different venue options, florists, bridal salon representatives, disk jockey services, photographers – you name it, they had it!  I was even surprised with a fashion show towards the end of the day.

After attending this show I am starting to understand just how much work is ahead of us. It’s also easy to see how easy it is for a wedding to add up cost wise. With so many details to consider, it will be important establish a budget and stick to it.


Having just gotten engaged, we are not quite at the point of making any definite plans on location or venue. So while I plan to document my wedding planning process eventually, I will be starting with ideas for stationery, favors and signage, DIY decorations, and will be exploring other cost saving options for achieving that dream wedding without having to spend a fortune to get it. 








*Trying out a photo booth at the show*

3 comments:

  1. While I don't envy how much work you have ahead of you, I am excited to see what kind of projects you're going to attempt! I love DIY :) (when I'm not too lazy to actually put the "do" into it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that moustache on a wand stick thing. you should definitely have those at your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moustache on the wand would be a very cost-effective gift for guests. It would be really cool if there were eyebrows attached to the wand as well. Now we're talkin'!

    ReplyDelete